Erosion bundle project - bundle hanging from ivy branches
Project started - 1st January 2010
Opening of bundle - 15th April 2010
Finished project - 1st August 2010
This bundle was tied to branches of ivy and left hanging in the elements. It's my second hanging bundle in a different part of my garden
Again, not too many insects, one or two wood louse but that was all! Also noticed that the bundles didn't smell too damp/mouldy
This hanging bundle, wrapped in calico, contained a lot of reds, yellows and rusts. The reds came from madder roots which I placed inside the bundle. The madder roots went mouldy but turned everything near it a rusty earthy red. I found this interesting as when I tried to dye with the madder roots last year I didn't get the reds I was hoping for, but did in the bundle!
Caribou coffee with madder red and rusty stains coming through the layers
The rusts came from various rusty objects I place inside the bundle, including rusting items that came from the cottage renovation found in the old cob walls
Where madder and rust meet
More decay and rust
These are two bundles of papers stuck together I was unable to separate. Interestingly, they were also joined together by a piece of string which I left. The decay, colouring and indentation was caused by a branch of berries, the colouring is from madder roots
"Life isn't a matter of milestones, but of moments"
How true! How I enjoyed opening up these bundles in the garden in the warm spring sunshine!
I'm planning to make an art journal of my experiments in the Erosion Bundle Project and, time permitting, possibly a three dimensional piece